I often see people stuck in a loop where they’re trying to delete a file in Windows 10 and getting the error “0x800710FE”. If you aren’t sure what 0x800710FE means, then feel free to skip to the last paragraph to learn about the steps to troubleshoot this error.
To troubleshoot this error, we can try the following solutions:
When Windows 10 was released, we saw a lot of new features, but there was also a lot of problems reported from users. In this post, we will discuss the error 0x800710fe and how to troubleshoot this Windows 10 error.
When attempting to remove or copy a file from their computer, Windows users often get the message “Unforeseen error not allowing to delete file” or “Unforeseen error not allowing to copy file.”
This error is followed by an error number, which varies depending on the circumstance, but is usually 0x800710FE, which may also signal that your hard disk is in use. This is a basic mistake that can be corrected in a short amount of time.
What causes the Windows 10 PC problem 0x800710FE?
When attempting to remove a file or folder, some Windows users get the error 0x800710fe: The file cannot currently be used on this machine. This is a very frequent issue. The error 0x800710fe usually indicates that the offline cache is corrupted or that Remote Storage Services is unable to access the file at this time.
And error 0x800710fe may be caused by a number of things, including:
- Synchronization of Office files is not enabled by default.
- Files are being copied from the network.
- The user is not authorized to make changes to the file or application.
- System files that are damaged or missing.
- Malicious malware has infiltrated the system.
We’ll show you how to resolve this issue in the following section.
How can I fix the 0x800710FE issue in Windows 10?
Updated in August 2023:
For your mistake, we now suggest that you use this tool. This program also corrects common computer problems, protects you from file loss, viruses, and hardware failures, and optimizes your PC for optimum performance. With this program, you can rapidly repair your PC issues and prevent others from occurring:
- Step 1 : Download PC Repair & Optimizer Tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista – Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Step 2: Select “Start Scan” to look for Windows registry issues that may be causing your computer to malfunction.
- Step 3: To correct all problems, click “Repair All.”
Changing the settings on your computer
It is almost certain that utilizing the reset option to repair problem code 0x800710fe will work. However, since this would reset the computer and make it seem as if it were brand new, a backup is recommended:
- Click the Windows logo, then enter Reset this PC into the search box.
- To begin, press the Start button.
- When a pop-up box appears, choose the first option, “Save my files.”
- Allow the system to finish the rest of the procedure.
- Restart your computer once this procedure is completed, and the error 0x800710fe will be gone.
Making use of the registry editor
- Simultaneously press the Windows + R keys.
- Enter Regedit in the search box.
- Now, in the registry editor, go to the following place.
- ComputerHKEY LOCAL MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetServicesCSC
- Right-click a blank spot in the registry editor’s right pane.
- Select New -> Dword Value (32 bit).
- FormatDatabase should be the new value’s name.
- Double-click it, set the basis to the hexadecimal system, and the value to 1.
- Close the Registry Editor by clicking OK.
- Restart the computer.
Offline Files should be disabled
When attempting to remove a file, this is the quickest method to resolve error number 0x800710fe:
- Click the Windows logo, then enter Control Panel into the search box.
- In the search box, type Sync Center, hit Enter, and then click it.
- In the left pane, choose Manage Offline Files.
- Disable Offline Files in the Offline Files window.
- When the User Account Control box opens, choose Yes.
CheckDisk is a program that checks your hard drive for errors
Run the Check Disk command to recover a few tiny corrupted files in many instances. This technique may be applied to this issue.
- Type cmd after clicking on the Windows logo.
- In the left pane, choose Run as an administrator.
- When the User Account Control dialog box opens, choose Yes.
- Press Enter after typing chkdsk C: /f.
- Restart the computer.
RECOMMENDED: To fix Windows problems and improve system performance, go here.
Most Commonly Asked Questions
- An incomplete installation or removal of a file or program may result in this error.
- This issue may also be caused by incorrect application or hardware removal.
- This issue may also be caused by restoring your computer after a virus has infected it.
Open the Control Panel and go to All Control Panel Items -> Sync Center -> Manage Offline Files. In the Offline Files window shown below, switch to the Disk Usage tab and click Delete Temporary Files. You can now check the status of the problem. If everything is fixed, you are ready to go.
The Windows error code 0x800710FE occurs in the Windows 10 operating system. It either implies the offline cache is corrupt or the remote storage provider can’t access the file right now.
- When removing a file or folder in Windows, an error occurs.
- Show system files that have been hidden.
- Safe mode is the default setting.
- Move the file/folder to a new place by copying and pasting it.
- Using the command line, delete.
- Scanning the hard disk is a good idea.
- Run a virus scan on your computer.
Ever had a file in Windows that you just wanted to get rid of because it is taking up too much space, or is just not necessary anymore? In Windows 10, deleting files is a fairly simple process, and you can delete whole folders with one click or just individual files with one click. However, not every file deletion is a success and the error 0x800710fe may show up when trying to delete one..
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I fix error code 0x800710FE?
This error code is usually caused by a faulty or damaged disc. If you are playing on a PS4, the first thing to do is try and clean your disc with a cleaning kit. If that doesnt work, then it may be time to replace your PS4s hard drive.
How do you fix an unexpected error is keeping you from deleting the file?
You can try using a different program to delete the file.
How do you fix could not find this item error when deleting files?
You could try uninstalling the game and reinstalling it.