Dame Patience Jonathan’s memorable tenure as First Lady of Nigeria is something most Nigerians won’t be quick to forget. Even with the emergence of Aisha Buhari, many of us still yearn for those note-worthy antics of the vocal ex-first Lady that ensured anything that had to do with her went totally viral.
These 9 reasons totally sum up why Aisha Buhari can not fill the huge shoes of Mrs Jonathan:
1. Aisha speaks fluent English, a total let-down from what was obtainable from Madam Patience.
You just can’t forget this classic one, “The bombers who born them? Wasn’t it not a woman? They were once a children now a adult now they are bombing women and children making some children a widow.”
2. Aisha dresses in simple outfits, a total contrast to the Dame’s flashy attires.
3. She doesn’t carry around multiple glasses which was something of a trend in the regime before her.
4. She is usually calm and collected in public very much unlike the former African First Ladies chairperson whose emotional outbursts went viral globally.
5. We haven’t seen Aisha dance in public before but we sure did see the Rivers-born strong woman bust incredible dance moves during her husband’s campaign journey.
6. Mrs Patience always seemed to ‘dominate’ where her husband was concerned. We don’t see that with Aisha.
7. Madam Patience picked fights with the likes of Rotimi Amaechi and Wole Soyinka.
It appears the wife of Nigeria’s current president doesn’t have the stomach for that.
8. The Dame could scare the living daylights out of anyone with her frown. Aisha on the contrary, can’t seem to stop smiling.
9. Even their swag level is different. See how both women voted at the last elections:
Who’s got the most swag in your opinion?