Kola Aluko, a Nigerian oil baron, is listed as one of the accomplices of Diezani Allison-Madueke. Latest reports reveal that Switzerland might extradite him to the United Kingdom. Here are seven things about him you should know:
1. He was born on October 20, 1969 (45 years) in Lagos.
2.He is based in Nigeria and Switzerland and is a passionate motor sports enthusiast.
3.He was ranked as one of the 40th Richest Africans by Forbes and included in the Top Ten list of Successful African Entrepreneurs to Follow on Twitter.
4. Mr. Aluko’s Atlantic Energy, formerly known as Atlantic Energy Drilling Concept Limited (AEDCNL), was one of the major corporate entities used to stash away Diezani’s looted funds.
5. He founded Exoro Energy, an oil exploration company, in 2004 and co-founded Seven energy which is valued at $1 billion. Seven Energy, an indigenous Nigerian oil and gas exploration, development, production and distribution company, is “run by the trio of Kola Aluko, Phillip Ihenacho and Jide Omokore.He also diversified into the aviation industry in 2010.
6. He has been in the media spotlight for his closeness to stars like Naomi Campbell and Hollywood A-list actor, Leonardo DiCaprio.
7. Recently, rap mogul, Jay Z, and his wife, Beyoncé, spent their vacation on a $50 million yacht owned by Mr. Aluko.