Not much is known about the incoming Vice President’s wife, Dolapo Osibanjo but she recently spoke about her personal life, her husband professor Osibanjo and her personal effort to help women who have been battered or abused.
Here are the amazing things about her that you didn’t know below:
1. Mrs Oludolapo Osinbajo is a grandchild of the late Obafemi Awolowo.
2. She studied law but never practiced. She said studying law helped her to understand her husband’s stories and cases when he returns home.
3. She lost her mother Otunba Olubusola Soyode, one of the children of the late Awolowo, in 2011.
4. Mrs. Dolapo Osinbajo is the leader of the Ladies Fellowship of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), Jesus House Parish.
5. The couple have been married for the past 25 years and they are blessed with three children.
6. In 2007, Prof. Osinbajo and his wife founded “The Orderly Society Trust”, a non- governmental organization that is dedicated to the promotion of Christian ethics and orderliness.
7. In October 2014, Mrs. Dolapo Osinbajo launched her book, ‘They Call Me Mama, From the Under Bridge Diaries’ in Lagos. She said that her drive to write the book came from her experiences with some street boys and men in Lagos State, and with the book, she aims to give them a human face.
8. She has a non organisational foundation called “Women’s Helping Hands” and they get to hear heart-breaking stories of women and find ways to help them
9. Dolapo Osibanjo also has two shelters for battered women and victims of sexual abuses. One is on the Island and the other on the Mainland.
10. Mrs. Dolapo Osibanjo urged the society to always say no to violence against women which she said could be perpetrated through attacks when hawking, marrying a violent and uncontrollable man, handing over the child for others to train, rape, slavery among other forms of assault against women and girls.